This time of year when the weather warms up and your yard is slowly is coming back to life is the perfect moment to get your grill back out and enjoy everything that the spring has to offer. However, your traditional burger may not be the best thing for you to eat. Have no fear, because this is the perfect turkey burger to remedy your no-red meat blues.
I have to admit that I was slightly scared when it came to the thought of eating a turkey burger instead of the stereotypical hamburger, but once I started eating this tasty burger, I forgot all about what I thought I was missing! You can still season your burger the exact same way that you would with traditional ground beef and achieve the same delicious meal. Using ground turkey or chicken as a substitute for red meat is a great way to treat your body right, and become healthy without sacrificing foods that you love.
Turkey is full of vitamin B, which can help treat dry eyes. Dry eyes can lead to various problems leaving your defenses down and eyes susceptible to harm. Turkey also is full of calcium and zinc. These nutrients are essential nutrients that your eyes need in order to maintain optimum eye health and ocular muscle function.
This turkey burger is a great way to start substituting out your traditional red meat. The possibilities are endless, and your entire body will benefit from this change, not just your eyes!
Delicious Turkey Burgers
- 1 ½ lbs. ground turkey
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon red chili flakes
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 avocados
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- Feta cheese
- Fresh bun of your choice
- Prepare your burger by adding meat to a large bowl along with Worcestershire, garlic powder, chili flakes, and salt and pepper. Using your hands mix together until everything is incorporated. Now portion these out into 4 patties, about 6 ounces each. Allow to sit until your grill is properly pre-heated.
- Cook on each side until fully cooked all the way through.
- Remove from grill. Add your buns, slightly brushed with olive oil, to the grill to slightly toast them.
- Assemble burgers with toasted buns, burger, sliced avocados, red onion and feta cheese. Serve with a small handful of your favorite potato chips and a small salad.