Kiwi is a fruit that I often only see in passing at the grocery store. My memories of kiwi are limited to childhood flashbacks of drinking uber-sweet, artificially flavored drinks, usually in the form of a kiwi strawberry juice box. The thought of those drinks is slightly less appealing now, but the classic combination of strawberry and kiwi is something that still stays with me. Here is a recipe for a strawberry kiwi adult drink that is guilt-free and will not crash your blood sugar.
How about a strawberry kiwi smoothie? This beverage is something that you can enjoy without feeling indulgent. It would be a great drink in the mornings before you run out the door, or even in between meetings when you are stuck at the office. This recipe can be made in advance and be kept in the refrigerator. I suggest if you are going to make your smoothie the night before, you should invest in a blender ball cup to keep all ingredients mixed. Cheers and enjoy your kiwi smoothie!
Strawberry Kiwi Smoothie
- 1 kiwi, sliced and peeled
- 1 banana, frozen
- ½ cup chopped strawberries
- ½ cup Greek yogurt (I prefer vanilla)
- Fresh mint
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 lime, juiced
- Blend all ingredients in blender vigorously until silky smooth. You may thin out with water to your desired consistency if too thick for you.
- This smoothie will keep for about one day. Keep in a cup fitted with a blender ball if you are going to not drink immediately. Before drinking, shake smoothie vigorously for optimum enjoyment!