Valentine’s Day is a perfect time to show your love for your partner. The mundaneness of life can easily creep in and cool the sparks of enchantment, so it’s time to rekindle those flames of romance! If you have been together for a long time, you may need some help brainstorming ways to catch your partner’s eye. Here are a few ideas to help you show love to your special someone:
- Hide a card somewhere unexpected. Aren’t surprises fun? Write a romantic card and leave it around the house or in the car for your sweetie.
- Do an unpopular chore. What is it that your partner dislikes doing? Is it ironing? Taking out the trash? Vacuuming? Show your commitment by doing that chore—just because.
- Cook a favorite meal. What dish does your darling just adore? Whether it’s blueberry pancakes or shrimp etouffe, hop into the kitchen and get cookin’!
- Plan a special date night. Get sentimental and recreate your first date. See how many details you can remember together.
- Ensure that your beloved has clear eyesight for years to come. Schedule a comprehensive eye exam as a gift for your eternal love.
One of these ideas seems a bit misplaced, doesn’t it? Scheduling an eye exam does not seem very romantic, but take a look again. The other gifts, although thoughtful, are not lasting or permanent. Helping your partner have clear vision to see familiar faces and maintain independence is the best gift that you can give. It is the best way to truly say “Happy Valentine’s Day” and “You have my whole heart!”
A comprehensive eye exam assesses eye health as well as vision. In fact, it can even provide a glimpse into one’s overall health. Comprehensive eye exams should be scheduled every 1 to 2 years, so if your sweetie is overdue for an eye exam, there is no better time than the present. Wear your heart on your sleeve and schedule a surprise eye exam. Better yet, schedule two exams, and then you can both celebrate the ability to gaze into each other’s eyes for years to come.