Eggs are an awesome source of nutrients, and it something that most people have in the refrigerators all the time. When it comes to eggs there are countless ways to use and serve them in an everyday sense that is delicious and also super easy. Instead of just doing the typical scrambled egg or fried egg try expanding your egg repertoire just a little bit by adding a frittata to your recipe box. Not only does it always turn out beautiful, but it is way easier than an omelet and it also sound much more impressive, and your family and friends don’t have to know quite how easy it really is to make!
When it comes to eye health and eating eggs, it should be a no brainer. The yellow yolk of an egg holds proteins that are beneficial for ocular health. The yolk is a excellent source of lutein and zeaxanthin and also zinc, which is shown to dramatically reduce the chances of macular degeneration. Eggs are an essential when you’re searching for a great natural way to improve and steady your ocular health.
Mediterranean Frittata- serves 2
- 6 eggs, beaten very well
- 1/3 cup cream
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon feta cheese, crumbled
- Red onion, thinly sliced
- Black olives, sliced
- Roasted red peppers, diced
- Artichoke hearts, chopped
- 3 basil leaves, chopped
- Salt and pepper
- Beat eggs very well with cream and salt and pepper.
- Add butter to medium sauté pan, allow to melt. Add all vegetables to pan and allow to cook until tender.
- Add egg/cream mixture to pan and stir with spatula. Cook for about 3 to 5 minutes until egg mixture has set on bottom of pan and begins to set at top. Sprinkle with cheese and basil.
- Place into oven, set to broil, until golden brown and fluffy
- Slide out of pan immediately, and serve with arugula salad dressed with your favorite vinaigrette.