Nuts are the perfect snack. Not only are nuts great for snacking, but they also are an incredible ingredient to keep in your pantry at all times. They are loaded with flavor and pack quite the punch when it comes to your nutrition.
Nuts are high in omega-3’s, zinc, niacin and vitamin E, which all are great nutrients to keep your eyes healthy and your vision at its strongest. With these nutrients in your diet not only will you maintain healthy eyesight, but you will also fight off other eye problems like macular degeneration, cataracts and the possibility of vision loss. Nuts that are high in these nutrients are almonds, cashews, brazil nuts, pecans, hazel nuts and many more.
These nuts are all very beneficial for you, but also know that they are heavy in fat content. These nuts have twice the caloric amounts as a carbohydrate or a protein, so those who are trying to watch there weight should limit themselves to a handful a day. This recipe is a great way to mix all for these incredible varieties of nuts together to have a well-balanced and delicious snack to boost your eye health and keep you happy and satisfied.
Hot and Sweet Roasted Nuts
- 3 cups whole almonds
- 2 cups cashews
- 1 cup hazelnuts
- 1 cup Brazil nuts
- 1 cup pecans, Halved
- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- 1/3 cup local honey
- 1/3 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 orange, juiced
- 3 sprigs of thyme
- 2 teaspoons chipotle powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon Kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Have a lightly greased cookie sheet prepared.
- Toss all ingredients in large bowl, and mix generously ensuring that everything is evenly coated.
- Add nuts in an even layer onto sheet and cook for 20 to 25 minutes until golden brown and aromatic. You should stir nuts occasionally.
- Allow nuts to cool and lightly sprinkle with a little more salt before serving.
- Keep stored in an airtight container. If you are making in advance you may hold in freezer to ensure freshness.