This summer, there will be countless occasions for you to get together with family and friends. As much fun as all of this sounds, it also means that you will have to come up with a couple of quick snacks that everyone will enjoy. Not to worry, though! We’re going to equip you with some easy, healthy recipes so you can make something that is incredibly tasty in a matter of minutes.
The summer brings us so many amazing fresh vegetables. Anything from fresh corn to juicy tomatoes, and of course you can’t forget about those beautiful peppers too! What is one thing that you can make that can be enjoyed with everything your garden or the farmer’s market has to offer? Look no further! This amazing herbed ricotta dip is the perfect condiment to spread on garden veggies, fresh crusty bread, or even with chilled gazpacho. This dip is entirely versatile and can also easily be substituted with a different cheese to better suit a specific cuisine you are cooking. Here are just a few examples: add feta cheese for a more Mediterranean flavor, or substitute crumbled Gorgonzola for a more Southern flair. No matter how you change up this delightful dip you can truly not go wrong. So what are you waiting for? Get cooking and find your own favorite recipe!
Herbed Ricotta Dip
- 16 ounces Ricotta cheese
- ¼ cup freshly grated parmesan & pecorino cheese
- 3 shallots, minced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ teaspoon red chili flakes
- 12 large basil leaves, chopped
- 1 bundle Italian parsley, chopped
- 6 mint leaves, chopped
- 1 bundle chives, chopped
- 2 lemons, juiced and zested
- Extra virgin olive oil–high quality
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
Items for Dipping
- Tomato wedges
- Red bell peppers
- Sugar snap peas
- Fava beans
- Freshly baked French baguettes
- In a large bowl, mix ricotta, parmesan and pecorino cheeses.
- Sprinkle chopped herbs into bowl along with cheeses.
- Add minced garlic and shallot.
- Drizzle extra virgin olive oil over mixture until cheese is more of a dip consistency–typically ¼ cup or 4 tablespoons. Taste and adjust seasoning with salt/pepper.
* If you make this ahead of time and refrigerate overnight, the flavor will marry and be richer and more enhanced.