This summer use your grill to recreate some of your favorite items you see from your favorite food trucks or restaurants. Fish tacos are something that you see on many different menus all around town, but the best fish tacos can easily be made at your house.
These tacos featured grilled shrimp. Grilling your favorite kind of seafood will result in a much healthier taco that is much more flavorful and without the heavy and greasy batter. If you would prefer to eat fish instead of shrimp this taco can be made with the same preparations. When grilling shrimp I find that by marinating the shrimp before cooking them results in a much nicer flavor that can be achieved in a short period of time, as little as 45 minutes. These shrimp tacos are a breeze to make and would be great for a party because all of the preparation can be done ahead of time, and people can build there own personal tacos. Your ingredients may vary according to what you prefer, but this recipe for delicious grilled shrimp tacos will leave you wanting more.
Grilled Shrimp Tacos
- 1 lb. shrimp, cleaned and deveined
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lemon, juiced & zested
- 1 jalapeño, sliced
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1/2 tablespoon cumin
- 1/2 tablespoon Kosher salt
- 1/2 fresh ground pepper
- 1 avocado
- 1 radish, sliced into small wedges
- 1 red onion, sliced very thin
- Greek yogurt
- 1 lime, juiced & zested
- In a large Ziploc bag add all shrimp, garlic cloves, lemon juice and zest, jalapeño, oregano, cumin, salt and pepper. Drizzle with a little amount of olive oil. Seal bag and gently rub all ingredients until everything is coated with marinade. Allow to sit in the refrigerator for at least 45 minutes.
- While you are waiting for shrimp to marinate, you can prepare all of your vegetables and make your Greek yogurt “crema” by adding the juice and zest of one lime to a cup of Greek yogurt.
- Once shrimp is marinated, drain of excess oil and place onto your hot grill. I leave my jalapeños on to grill too. Shrimp grill relatively fast and really only need to cook for about 3 to 4 minutes on both sides. Cook until shrimp is no longer opaque and firm.
- Quickly throw your lightly greased tortillas onto the grill and warm them up until they are soft and have some grill marks on them.
- Assemble tacos with grilled shrimp, sliced red onions, radishes and avocados. Top with a drizzle of crema and enjoy!