I know you have heard it before, but breakfast really is the most important meal of the day. It is when your body first gets its fuel to get through the day. Eggs are something that we constantly have at our house–a staple refrigerator ingredient. You can make tons of different things with them, plus you can make eggs in a matter of minutes. I know that in the morning time is a major concern for me when I am trying to get out the door. This recipe will be something you can throw together in no time!
Spinach is an amazing ingredient to also have around your house at any given moment because it can be eaten raw, and cooked in seconds. It is incredibly tasty and nutritious for you and your eyesight. Spinach contains an incredible amount of important vitamins and compounds for your eyesight such as lutein and zeaxanthin. These nutrients will ensure that your eyes are healthy and happy all day long and in to your later years of life.
Eating this delicious breakfast will have you feeling great all day long, no matter what happens!
Grecian Omelet with Spinach, Chickpeas, and Feta Cheese
- 3 eggs, whisked
- 1 large handful spinach
- ¼ cup chickpeas
- crumbled feta cheese
- Kosher salt
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- Extra virgin olive oil
- In a nonstick pan lightly heat up about a tablespoon of olive oil. Ensure that pan is coated, and add your spinach. Cook until wilted. Season with salt and pepper
- Add whisked eggs and chickpeas. Using a spatula slowly bring the four corners of the pan into the middle, like the directions of a compass (top, bottom, right, and left), allowing the uncooked eggs to move underneath your cooked eggs. Do this until slightly dry. Add crumbled feta cheese.
- Put pan into a hot oven for about 2 minutes to finish cooking. This will give you the perfect amount of time to get a plate, toast some toast, and pour yourself some juice or coffee.
- Remove the pan from the oven and gently slide the omelet out of the pan and fold it over!