Motherhood is hard word. Anyone who says differently has never felt the pain of helplessly watching a sick child suffer or gone head-to-head with a toddler who acts like a hormonal teenager. But all those battles are quickly erased when the little person with the strong will softly whispers, “I love you, Mom” at the end of the day. We all whisper the same sentiments every year on Mother’s Day. That adoration can be shown in a number of ways, but nothing beats a meal that was prepared with your own hands.
If that’s the kind of gift you’re looking for, try this cucumber and strawberry salad with feta cheese. It’s much more than just a pretty dish. It’s full of spinach, which is great at keeping your eyes healthy. These leafy greens contain lutein and zeaxanthin, which are antioxidants that protect your eyes from harmful, high-energy light waves and prevent age-related issues like cataracts. Almonds and strawberries also play a vital role in keeping your eyes free of cataracts. Pour homemade dressing over the dish to add a delightful flavor, and throw in a cucumber for a pleasant crunch. This salad is great for anyone who loves meals that are both salty and sweet. Motherhood may be hard work, but this recipe makes saying “thank you” easy.
Cumber and Strawberry Salad with Feta Cheese
- 10 oz. bag fresh spinach leaves
- 1 pint strawberries, hulled and halved
- 1 cucumber, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons agave nectar
- Dash of salt
- Combine all salad ingredients in a salad bowl. In a separate container, combine ingredients for dressing, mixing well.
- Pour dressing over salad and enjoy.