The holidays make me want to celebrate every minute of every day. Sometimes, you just want to spontaneously plan a party or a gathering. Or maybe you forgot that you told all of your friends to come over and celebrate the holidays with you. And isn’t it inevitable that your fridge is empty when you have an impromptu party? Have no fear because this cocktail recipe will have you and your friends feeling festive in no time!
Christmas Punch can be prepared with or without alcohol which means everyone from the grown-ups to the little ones can enjoy this festive drink! Just don’t get your cups confused!
- 1 ½ cups water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 orange, zest/juice
- 1 sprig rosemary
- 4 cups 100% cranberry juice
- 1 cup Tito’s Vodka (or 1 cup cranberry ginger ale for the kids!)
- ¼ cup Grand Marnier (or ¼ cup Orange Crush soda)
- Garnish with cranberries and sugared rosemary*
- Mix sugar and water together in a pot and bring to a boil to make a simple syrup. Once boiling, add the rosemary and orange zest. Remove from heat and let steep for at least 15 minutes.
- In a large pitcher, combine cranberry juice, vodka (or ginger-ale), Grand Marnier (or Orange Crush), the fresh squeezed juice of the orange and the simple syrup.
- Chill and serve over ice with sugared rosemary and cranberries.
*To make sugared rosemary, dip rosemary sprigs into foamy egg whites, and then roll in to white sugar. It will look frozen and beautiful. Let dry on paper towel.