Having the perfect snack is an integral part of the day to give you the energy to make it between lunch and dinner. A snack like this can be made in advance and is honesty even better when it is given time to rest and marinate together. It can be made in different portions and is perfect for one person or even a big crowd!
This black bean dip is a great recipe to have because not only is it super delicious, but it is also packed with nutrients that will help you going strong and feeling satisfied. Black beans are an incredible source of protein. This will give you the energy you need to keep up all of your good work. Black beans are also an awesome source of vitamin C, which is very beneficial for eye health. This vitamin has shown to decrease the chances of developing cataracts and help fight macular degeneration.
Black Bean Dip*
- 1 large white onion, rough chop
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 jalapenos, minced
- 2 cans (15.5 ounces) black beans
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- ½ tablespoon chili powder
- 2 limes, juice
- 1 bunch cilantro, chopped
- Kosher salt
- Extra virgin olive oil
- In a small pan cook onions, pepper and garlic until very fragrant and soft.
- Add to blender along with two cans of drained and rinsed beans. Add remaining spices, lime juice and half of chopped cilantro.
- Blend until very smooth, you may need to add some water to achieve desired consistency
- Serve in large bowl with chips and garnished with remaining cilantro.
* May be served hot or cold