I have to get the guacamole when I go to a Mexican restaurant and eat tacos or tortilla chips. It’s a must! I love it even more when I make it myself at home, my way with lots of garlic and lemon juice. This dip is already quite good for your eyesight, but adding mango makes it even more beneficial…and sweet!
Avocados, mangoes & tomatoes are great sources of vitamin A, C & E, which are antioxidants that can help protect your eyes from diseases like age-related macular degeneration, cataracts and glaucoma. Lutein & zeaxanthin are other antioxidants found mostly in green leafy veggies, and herbs like cilantro, but they are also found in green fruit like avocado! Along with the different fruits and vegetables in this dish, you also get some fiber and potassium among other important vitamins and minerals.
Paired with blue corn chips, this mango guacamole is a great, healthy appetizer for a Mexican themed dinner, a Superbowl party, or to enjoy while watching a movie at home! Get your guac on!
Ingredients (serves 3 to 4 people):
- 2 cups avocado, diced (or 3 small avocados)
- ½ cup mango, diced
- 3 tbsp tomato, diced
- 2 tbsp red onion, diced
- ½ tsp fresh garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp cilantro, chopped
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- Combine diced avocado, mango, tomato, red onion in a medium mixing bowl.
- Stir in minced garlic, cilantro, lemon juice, and salt and pepper. Spoon guacamole into a bowl and serve with blue corn chips.